Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Almond Pear Sandwich

My co-worker and I are currently doing a lunch exchange program (that's a topic for another blog post), and this is the sandwich I brought for us today.

 
I was skeptical of the recipe at first; goat cheese, apricots, almond butter.. what in the heck? But the mix was delightful for my taste buds and made me wanting to go back for more. This will definitely become one of my lunch go-to's in the future.

The best part? 10 PP+ per serving. Not bad for a gourmet lunch that satisfies every craving. 


Almond Pear Sandwich


Ingredients: 


1/3 cup almond butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp honey
8 slices 100% whole grain bread, I used sunflower red fife bread
1 pear, preferably Anjou, thinly sliced
1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
2 oz semi-soft goat cheese, crumbled


Directions:
In bowl, whisk together almond butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey. Spread almond butter mixture on 4 slices of bread. Top with pear slices, apricots, goat cheese, and remaining bread slices. Slice in half if desired.
Serves 4
recipe from alive.com
Enjoy!!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...