Thursday, October 4, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday Edition #2

Welcome to my second instalment of:
 
Fortunately, my run club finished early Tuesday night, so I had time to prep and plan my meals for the day. Eating clean is always easier for me when I have the time to plan in advance. I was able to log all of my food, and make adjustments where necessary. i.e. add more protein, reduce sodium.

Here were my eats:



Breakfast (7:30 am):
  • Whole wheat English muffin with no-salt margarine
  • 1 fried egg
  • 2 slices of turkey bacon; a great lean way to get protein in the morning
  • Green tea, plain
  • Vitamins
  • Oil of oregano. I've been on the verge of a cold for the past couple of days, so I've been doing my best to take the oil 3 X daily
  • Pumpkin spice tea with a splash of milk to go

Snack (10:00 am):
  • Banana
  • Oikos greek yogurt

Lunch (12:00 pm):
  • Spicy hummus roti wrap with pea shoots
  • Big salad; mixed greens, pea shoots, mushrooms, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, light feta cheese with Kraft classic herb dressing
  • Oil of oregano

Snack (4:00 pm):
  • Mixed berry nutri-grain bar
  • Snap peas and strawberries

Pre-Workout Fuel (5:30 pm):
  • 5 prunes

Dinner (8:30 pm):
  • Open faced sandwich of pesto, brie & veggies on sourdough bread. I just have to say this was one of the YUMMIEST things I have eaten in a long time.

Ingredients:

Four slices of eggplant
1/2 red pepper
2 slices of red onion
1 tsp olive oil
40 grams of brie cheese
1 tsp pesto
2 slices of sour dough bread

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a pan heated at medium heat, saute the veggies with the olive oil for about 10 minutes. On a separate pan, spread margarine on the bottom side of the bread and spread pesto on the top. Layer veggies on top of pesto bread and then top with cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Yum. Yum. Yum.


Snack (10:00 pm):
  • Grapes
  • More brie cheese... I cannot control myself when this stuff is in the house!

These are my nutritional details for the day:

Calories: 1918

Fat:  74.2 grams
Sodium:  2718 grams
Carbs: 405 grams
Fibre:  26.2 grams
Sugars:  91.1 grams
Protein: 77 grams

Core Nutrient Breakdown:

Fat: 25.7% of calories
Carbs: 62.4% of calories
Protein: 11.9% of calories

Calories burnt during run: 736

According to Anytime Health:

Below are some guidelines on how much of each nutrient you should be consuming each day.

Total Fat: Keep fat intake between 20% and 35% of total calories.
Saturated Fat: Consume less than 10% of calories as saturated.
Cholesterol: Consume less than 300 mgs / day.
Sodium: Consume less than 2,300 mgs / day.
Total Carbohydrate: Keep intake between 45% and 65% of total calories.
Total Protein: Keep intake between 10% and 35% of total calories.
Fiber: At least 25 g for women and 38 g for men daily.

My sodium was on the high end of the spectrum. This was due to the extra indulgence of cheese. I'm not that upset about it. :)

I need to get ready for work now. So, I hope you all have a wonderful, healthy Thanksgiving weekend!




1 comment :

  1. wow! I'm really inspired to start preparing and planning my meals like you've done!
    You're so creative with your food, i love it:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...